Show notes for Episode 118
Posted by Ethan Clow on June 7, 2011
Radio Freethinker Episode 118 – The WHO on cell phones and cancer, police state skepticism plus an interview with PZ Myers
Download the episode here!
Song: None Of Us Are Free! by Lynyrd Skynyrd
A special thanks to Bryce Dunn and Luke Meat at CiTR for a job well done!
The World Health Organization on cell phones and cancer see here for press release. See additional resources here:
Police state watch?
- Search Engine Podcast:”It’s Time to Worry About Lawful Access” http://www.tvo.org/cfmx/tvoorg/searchengine/index.cfm?page_id=613&action=blog&subaction=viewPost&post_id=15829&blog_id=485
- “lawful access” defined
- Technical Assistance for Law Enforcement in the 21st Century Act.
- Investigative Powers for the 21st Century Act http://www.parl.gc.ca/HousePublications/Publication.aspx?DocId=4008179&File=27&Language=e&Mode=1
- Government Announces it will reintroduce these laws, with a Majority, there seems little doubt it will pass.
- Legal View
- Small ‘c’ conservative view
- Michael Geist’s view
Interview with PZ Myers
1st International Boing Boing Meet up. Boing Boing is the science and technology magazine many people are familiar with and today June 7th at 7:00pm a group of science “mutans” as they are described, are meeting up at Granville Island (near the duck pond) and each bringing a wonderful thing: i.e your favorite significant object, coveted curiosity, conversation piece, or mysterious item to the Meetup. See event listing on Meetup here
The Filter Bubble by Eli Pariser. see here for the TED talk
TV Series – Machines of Loving Grace by film-maker Adam Curtis. see here for more info
Other Docs by Adam Curtis worth checking out: