RFT Ep 234 – Doctor Who Edition
Posted by Don McLenaghen on December 3, 2013
Download the episode here!
On the occasion of the resent 50th anniversary of the globes longest-running science fiction television show, host emeritus Ethan Clow returns to discuss the history of the Doctor and the philosophical question it raises. Such as:
- CyberMen – as we replace biological parts with quote better mechanical one’s, at one point do we stop being human?
- Dalek – the logic of being a xenophobe
- The Master – Confronting our dark side and the role ‘fate’ has on our lives
- The Ood – collective consciousness and the ethics of servatude
- The Weeping Angels and the silence – The observer principle: when quantum mechanic meets classic evil
- The Sontarans – Cloning with honour
- The Silurians – the Ultimate what if?
- The Doctor – the pacifist
- The Doctor – ultimate good Samaritan
- The Doctor – The destroyer of worlds
Find out more:
- BBC – Doctor Who
- TARDIS Data Core
- Doctor Who: A Brief History Of Time (Travel)
- Doctor Who Reference Guide
Next week: Irregular Regular Randolph Richardson returns.